[wplug-members] Draft minutes from 2005 Annual Membership Meeting

Mark Dalrymple wplug at borkware.com
Mon Nov 7 15:24:26 EST 2005

Greetings,

Here are the draft minutes from the 2005 Annual Membership Meeting.
Thanks to David Ostroske for making them.

Cheers,
++Mark Dalrymple,
   wplug at borkware.com

Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group
2005 Annual Membership Meeting
November 5, 2005 - 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
1507 Newell-Simon Hall, Carnegie Mellon University

* Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 1:17 PM.

{NOTE: I'm not recording who was present at the meeting; they don't
belong
in the minutes. But we'll keep the attendance records as separate
documents.}

* Selection of Secretary Pro Tempore
Mark Dalrymple, the secretary of WPLUG, was not in attendance, so a
secretary pro tempore needed to be selected for the meeting. Vance
Kochenderfer nominated David Ostroske, and without objection, he was so
elected.

* Minutes
The minutes for October 15th, 2005 meeting were adopted as read. {NOTE:
Spelling errors can be corrected without a vote.}

* Tellers
Vance Kochenderfer, Sean Parsons, and Mike Hansell were nominated to
serve
as election tellers. Without objection, they were so elected.

Beth Lynn thanked the members for their attendance and called for final
votes to be cast for the WPLUG Board of Directors.

Rick Farina moved to thank the people (Beth and Bill Eicher) who brought
in the food. The motion carried unanimously.

The polls were closed at 1:35 PM.

The raffle for the WPLUG swag was held.

Rick Farina moved to recess until the votes are counted. The motion
carried. We recessed at 1:38 PM, and reconvened at 2:28 PM.

* Election Results
The tellers returned with the results of the election.

They reported the following: 21 ballots cast. 11 ballots were needed to
get majority consent.

The following people received majority consent:
Beth Lynn Eicher - 60 (elected)
Bill Moran - 51 (elected)
David Ostroske - 47 (elected)
Patrick Wagstrom - 44 (elected)
Chris Teodorski - 37 (elected)
Bobbie Lynn Eicher - 33
Scott Kriebel - 31
Mike O'Connor - 25
Mark Sikora - 25
John Vukovic - 22
Steve Boffardi - 21
Steve Hancock - 20

The following candidates did not receive majority consent:
Vance Kochenderfer (write-in) - 6
Jonathan Billings (write-in) - 3
Mark Dalrymple (write-in) - 3

* Adjournment
Mike O'Connor moved to adjourn. Without objection, the meeting was
adjourned at 2:33 PM.