[wplug-members] Unofficial - Brainstorming session, 12/3/2005

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:32:29 EST 2005

We didn't have enough participants for a quorum at the GUM this month,
so we didn't have a business meeting.

Since we couldn't do anything official, we had an informal session to
brainstorm ideas for future WPLUG activities and programs. If you'd
like to do any of the following stuff, make sure to show up at next
month's GUM, so we can get the ball(s) rolling!

WPLUG Brainstorming Session - December 3rd, 2005

Invite VMWare to speak (sweet swag!)
* Beth Lynn might find @ LISA
* Chris has corp. contacts

SQL Stuff as per David O & Bill M

Series Tutorials
* ideas?

PR
* advocacy
* Linux for the common person
* Computer show commitment w/ scheling (?)

Field Trips
* Inflow
* Pair
* PSC / 3ROX

WPLUG On The Road
* ERIE!!!
* Johnston/Greensburg
* Oil City
* Meadville
* Cranberry Twp.
* Washington

Donate Books to Libraries

Community Service

Adopt-A-Highway

Adopt a penguin @ zoo

Non-Profit Tech Help
* Church, school, library...
* Abandoned PPS computer

Mono @ CMU
New Firefox features

Ruby Users Group
* Ruby on Rails

User Group synergy
* Perl Mongers' Day of Perl - Outght we piggy-back? (It's a Sat/Sun.)
* Share podcasts w/ other user groups
* New/Future of open source
* Roundtable "table"
* Mega Pennsylvania LUG