[wplug-market] NeXT N1000 "cube"

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Thu May 24 10:43:58 EDT 2012

The connection of this hardware to Linux may be a little tenuous (though
I know people have gotten Linux to run on them), but...

I'm doing some cleaning up and clearing out of things I'm not using, and
thought I'd offer this up here before pursuing other channels... I have
an original NeXT N1000 cube that I'd like to find a new home for. It's a
little scratched up, and the monitor doesn't work (something that a
competent TV repair tech could fix). I don't have the keyboard, and I
don't have an MO disk for it ...(you can find these online for about
$50.00 - I've seen spare keyboards online too). I can tell you that it
worked the last time it was powered up (it was used as a server of
sorts, so the monitor and keyboard didn't matter), but aside from that,
as-is, no warranty, no returns. I'm not giving this one away for free.
I've seen them on eBay for as much as $1800 in good condition; you can
have this one for *substantially* less than that. Make me a reasonable
offer... Preference to local folks who can pick up, but I will pack and
ship it if you're not in Pittsburgh.

--Pat.