[wplug-market] Moving Sale

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 20:08:51 EDT 2011

I've got some computer gear to get rid of in preparation for a move.
Posting to wplug-market for a first crack, then this is going on
Craigslist.

I'd rather not take this stuff with me, but I'm not going to sell it
just to not move it either.

2 BenQ LCD 19" monitors.  Both are exactly the same, both do
1280x1024, have DVI and VGA inputs.  Both of these come with
Kensington monitor arms with a pretty good range of movement.  (I got
these so that I could position the two monitors flush against each
other).  I also have the original stands for these monitors too.  They
have pretty standard (VESA?) mounts.  The trick with one of the
Kensington arms is that it does not hold the monitor against tilting
down.  (This may be a matter of just tightening a screw.)  As it turns
out, it worked perfectly to put a 3.5" hard drive under the monitor to
keep it from tilting.  I did this on both stands for added stability.
I'll throw in the drives as well.  Asking $200 for the whole shebang,
or best reasonable offer.

I have a system happily running Fedora 13 or 14.  I believe it has a
160GB SATA hard drive, 1GB of RAM, and DVD.  The processor is about 5
years old, an AMD Athlon64.  It has an nVidia graphics card.  Don't
remember which model, but it works well in Fedora and can drive both
monitors simultaneously with different stuff on each screen (1 monitor
using DVI, 1 monitor using VGA).  I'm not interested in selling this
unless I sell the monitors as well.  Also have MS Natural keyboard and
optical mouse, and (mostly working but slightly flakey Logitech
speakers with subwoofer.)  Asking $100 for this whole deal.

If you are interested in the monitors and the system, I'll throw in
the Ikea Jerker desk that I've been using if you want it.  It has a
little stand to keep the CPU off the floor, and works really nicely
with the Kensington monitor arms.  Its a great computer desk, I just
don't feel like moving it.

Let me know if you're interested, if this is going to be sold, it has
to be done before Friday.

Mike