[wplug-market] 2 old Linux laptops to give away

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Sun May 2 17:31:24 EDT 2010

I have two old laptops I'm giving away.  Until recently I was using
them as a printserver and wireless AP.

1.  IBM ThinkPad 600
    266MHz Pentium II CPU
    196MB memory
    4GB IBM disk
    Neomagic NM2160 (MagicGraph 128XD) video
    CD-ROM drive

2.  Compaq LTE 5280
    120MHz Pentium 75-200 CPU
    80MB memory
    4GB Hitachi disk
    Cirrus Logic GD 7543 (Viking) video
    floppy drive

I'll include a wifi PCMCIA card and an Ethernet PCMCIA card for each.

They're running a minimal Debian lenny installation now, with no X
environment.  You can put X on the ThinkPad if you're a masochist.
I don't think it's even possible on the Compaq, which is dog slow.

Their batteries are basically dead, so you'll have to use them on
AC all the time.

Still interested?  One per customer, FCFS.  Email me off-list to
arrange pickup.