[wplug-market] 168-pin PC-133 memory?

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Aug 7 04:00:32 EDT 2009

I have an eight-year-old desktop that still runs well, and seems
to have plenty of CPU for my rather pedestrian needs.  However, as
time goes on, the memory requirements of Linux distributions seem
to inexorably creep upward.

In short, 256MB just doesn't quite cut it with modern software.  I
started looking into purchasing an upgrade, then realized someone
here may very well have extra antique memory lying around unused.

Specs are: 168-pin unregistered PC-133 DIMM (PC-100 works also)
           8MB min, 512MB max per DIMM
           3 slots, two open (Soyo K7VTA Pro motherboard)
           ECC preferred, to match what I have now

You can reply to the list or directly to me.  Thanks!