[wplug-market] Compaq Proliant rack mount servers for sale

Rob Lines rlinesseagate at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 10:24:09 EDT 2008

I figured before I posted these to craigs list I would give the local
Linux community a shot at them.
I have a number of Compaq DL series servers.  The DL380 is a 2u and
the dl360s are all 1u.  I don't have the rack hardware for them.  I
had them sitting in a stack on a shelf in my rack.  All the dl360s
have just had a fresh install of CentOS 5 put on them.  They used to
be setup in a cluster for HPC testing but I haven't done any work on
them in months so it is time to clear out the rack and let someone
else get some use out of them.  The letters at the begining are just
so that I could keep track of what system is what as they all look
exactly the same.  The cases have normal wear and tear from being a
few years old.  They also have the CPUs and speed written on the front
with a sharpie.

DL380  2x1.133ghz PIII, 256 mb RAM No hard drives Bad RAID controler.
CD and floppy drives work.  Dual ethernet, and usb ports dual power
supply

A dl360 1x800mhz, 1152mb ram, 2x 18gb 10k ultra3 scsi hard drives in a
raid 1, remote insight lights out card, dual ethernet, CentOS 5
B dl360 2x800mhz, 768mb ram, 2x18gb 10k ultra3 scsi hard drives in a
raid1, dual ethernet, CentOS 5
C dl360 2x800mhz, 640mb ram, 2x18gb 10k ultra3 scsi hard drives in a
raid1, dual ethernet, CentOS 5
E dl360 1x1.0ghz, 512mb ram, 2x18gb 15k ultra3 scsi hard drives in a
raid1, dual ethernet, CentOS 5

I am looking for about $100 for each of the dl360s and $60 for the
DL380 (the raid card doesn't work but it posts successfully otherwise)

I life out near the airport but work downtown so I am pretty flexable to meet.

E-mail me off list if you are interested in any or all of them.  I
plan to put them on Craigslist the beginning of next week if I don't
get responses from this post.

Thanks,
Rob