[wplug-market] free computers and networking gear for pickup in Fox Chapel

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Tue Sep 4 11:41:07 EDT 2007

Please save me a trip to Goodwill.  I'll give the 2 working PCs
to two different people if there's enough interest.

WORKING:

    IBM Intellistation E Pro (type 6893)
        350MHz Pentium II CPU
        256MB ECC SDRAM
        6GB Seagate disk
        Matrox Millennium II AGP video
        Crystal Audio CS4235 ISAPnP sound
        Intel Ethernet Pro 100
        comments:
            boots Knoppix fine
            worked fine as a gateway/firewall with a 2nd NIC
            case cover does not snap on securely

    white box PC
        300 MHz Pentium II
        256 MB memory
        4 GB disk
        ATI 3D Rage II+ 215GTB (Mach 64) video card
        no NIC

DEAD (or just restin'):

    Micron Millennia Pro2
        approx 200 MHz Pentium II and a small amount of RAM
        10 Mbps NIC
        no disk, video, or power supply

    APS M-Power (PowerMac clone)
        200MHz PowerPC 604e CPU
        96MB memory
        ATI Mach64 VT video
        no NIC or disk
        dead PS?

    Linksys EF24G2 24-port 10/100 switch
        power but no link LEDs or serial port response

MISCELLANEOUS

    small (< 10GB) ATA and SCSI disks if needed to rehab the above

    HP ScanJet 4c scanner: SCSI only

    Toshiba PCX1100U cable modem
        USB and half-duplex 10 Mbps Ethernet