[wplug-market] One Laptop Per Child

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Sat Nov 24 21:33:08 EST 2007

The One Laptop Per Child project is selling the XO laptop to the US
and Canadian public for 399 USD with the "buy one give one" program. At
this time this is the first and only opportunity to buy the very same
laptop that will be deployed in 2008 with the One Laptop Per Child
project. Basically you buy one for $199 and pay $200 for another one
to go to a child in a third world country. $200 of the $399 purchase
is a donation. Contact your tax professional about deductibility. I
bought mine tonight. When I went to the website I saw that they extended
the buy one give one program to 12/31/2007.

I read the "Terms and Conditions" and it says
"3. XO laptops are available only for private home and
educational uses. No XO laptops will be supplied for resale."
Therefore, I personally discourage anyone from buying or selling of the XO
laptop on this list. I encourage you instead to deal directly with The One
Laptop Per Child project directly.

http://www.laptopgiving.org/en/index.php

Thanks,
Beth Lynn