[wplug-market] working mythtv

William Oberman oberman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 11:19:20 EST 2007

My box currently worked with Pittsburgh's Comcast as of 6 months ago
(though it could be configured to work with any non-digital cable).
Some features:
-Dual tuner (one with built in mpeg, one done in software)
-120GB disc, can store ~80 hours of TV
-Has a remote control
-Boots directly into MythTV
-DVD writer for backup
-Currently running Myth 18.1
-Does NOT support HD

I put it together in 2004, and upgraded and maintained it for about 2
years.  I stopped using it once I purchased a HDTV, and tried
Comcast's dual HD tuner DVR.

I forget the exact specs, but from memory: PIII 700, 512MB RAM, 40GB
disc for OS (red hat 9), 120GB for storage, Avermedia 179 mpeg tuner,
Hauppauge analog tuner, remote via serial port, GeForce something or
other with Svideo out.

Make an offer :-)

will