[wplug-market] FS: Brand new Thinkpad T60p with 3 yr warranty

Arun Krishnaswamy karbak at cmu.edu
Mon Aug 27 13:32:07 EDT 2007

This is a literally 5-day old IBM/Lenovo T60p purchased from the CMU
computer store with the following specs :

* Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz dual core CPU
* 1 Gb PC2-5300 RAM
* 100 Gb 7200rpm hard drive
* CD-RW/DVD+RW multi-burner (Ultrabay type, can be swapped for optional
   battery or other accessories)
* 14.1" SXGA 1400x1050 resolution (4:3) LCD display
* ATI FireGL V5250 graphics card - 256Mb video RAM
* Integrated Intel 802.11a/b/g wireless mini-PCI card
* Bluetooth
* Fingerprint reader
* Gigabit ethernet
* 56k modem
* 9-cell Li-ion battery with a real-life runtime of about 5.5 hrs
* Standard complement of USB, VGA,infrared ports and 2x PCMCIA slots

Most importantly, this machine comes with :

* Windows XP Professional with COA on bottom of machine and restore DVDs
* 3 years of warranty AND 3 years of accidental damage protection (valid
until 2010-08-16; Lenovo/IBM warranties are tied to the machine and not
the buyer)

I also have the free edition of VMware Server 1.0.3 installed with a
small Debian 'etch' 4.0r1 VM running inside it.

The only reason I'm putting this machine up for sale is its 4:3 screen
and 5.5-6.0 lb heft - I'm used to smaller notebooks with widescreen
configurations. I have the receipt, original box and packaging. The
machine itself is in pristine state. As far as I can tell, the screen
doesn't have any dead pixels.

The original cost with tax for the T60p+warranty was about $1720. The
CMU store has a 0-day return policy for opened items and Lenovo/IBM
claim their 21-day return policy only applies to direct sales and not to
retail transactions; a far cry from the days when IBM used to have a
30-day no questions asked return policy if you didn't like the machine.

Given these circumstances, I'll settle for $1500. I'll be happy to
provide the machine type and serial number if you wish to verify the
warranty on Lenovo/IBM's site.

-arun