[wplug-market] Free HP DJ 400

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Jun 27 09:57:06 EDT 2006

Hello,

I've got a HP Desk Jet 400 that goes to the first taker. I do not have the
time for drop off service so you have to set an appointment for pickup.

It is a late-model Color inkjet that I haven't used in awhile.

Why it's good: Small form factor. This thing is surprisingly light and it
folds up nicely.

Why it's cranky: the front form feed no longer grabs paper but the rear
page feeder works if one page at a time is acceptable.

Why it's iffy: all of the ink is dry so I haven't been able to test it
fully.

Why it's old fashioned: I obtained this printer some time around 1997 and
it was a huge upgrade over the color dot-matrix I was using before. At the
time I didn't mind swapping the color ink cartridge with the black one
because it can not use both at any given time. If you use the black
cartridge you can print grayscale but if you use the color cartridge to
print a black text you wasted a lot of color ink as it blends all of the
colors together. If grayscale is all you need, you can just buy the black
cartridge and just use it as so. The color is low-res so you don't really
want to try to print your family photos with this. If I was keeping this
I'd pass on the color.

Why I can't keep it: I have 3 printers in my house that I am keeping
making the people to printer ratio 2 to 3. It's clear that I don't need it
so I'd rather someone else use it.

How you can claim this: just respond to this email. on or off list.

How to pickup: make arrangements with me as to when you can pick this up.
Please specify as to which location would work better for you - my South
Hills Whitehall home or my workplace CMU. It is small enough that you could
take it with you on the bus or throw it in your backpack for non-motor
transportation.

Deadline: respond by Saturday July 8 at 5pm. This date is important
because it is the installfest. If I don't have a taker before the
installfest, I'll bring it in then. If I don't have a taker by the end of
the installfest, I'll donate it somehow.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn