[wplug-market] Old Pentium boxes

Kevin Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Sat Sep 3 20:56:11 EDT 2005

Dear WPLUG,

Do you all remember those old Pentium I (~100-150 MHz) boxes - well I've
still got a number of them here, and need to get rid of them. If anyone
wants one, then give me a yell.  They still have some use left in them:
   1)  They make decent dump terminals
         (that is where most of them went to use),
   2)  They can also be used nicely with IPCop (have done 3 that way),
   3)  Work nicely with Puppy Linux (one was used for this)
   4)  And I image the can also be used with FREEDOS (I'll throw in
          my Kings Quest games and assorted other Seirra Games)
   5)  I have even stuck a 20G+ HD into one an used it as a file/print
          server.

I can make sure you get everything you need to use it (keyboard, mouse,
a NIC or three, video card, at least some memory, etc) just no monitors.

You can take 2 or 3 just to make sure you have enough working parts if
you want.

If there are any left by the middle of the month, I will be posting them
to FreeCycle (unless someone sees a problem with that)

Kevin