[wplug-market] Sharp Zaurus SL5500 (- CF slot)

K.Arun karbak at cmu.edu
Wed Oct 19 21:11:24 EDT 2005

I have a Sharp Zaurus SL5500 PDA running Linux for sale. The unit
comes complete with Sharp's system CD, sync cradle and power
cable. The unit is in fair shape cosmetically and completely
functional except for the CF slot issue.

The Compact Flash slot on this device is non-functional. You can see
inserted cards using 'cardctl' from the command line, but can't access
or use them.  What this means is that you will not be able to flash
upgrade the OS on the Zaurus to, say, OpenZaurus or any of the other
Linux ROMs available for this device. It is however running the last
official Linux ROM released by Sharp for the 5500. Installing
applications isn't a problem since that can be done by remote-mounting
or via the SD card slot. I've had everything from Opera to
Maxima/CLISP running on this thing.

$75 obo

                                                  -arun