[wplug-market] Looking for partnership

Ryan Brown wplug at tblive.com
Mon Mar 15 23:21:11 EST 2004

I am looking for a few people to go into a partnership with me with
co-location space. If you are not interested in co-location there is no need
to read further.

The co-location would be at the Switch and Data
(http://www.switchanddata.com/Locations/ListOfLocations/2901) facility on
the Northside in Pittsburgh.

I am looking at selling 16U of space. This would be more of a partnership as
I would be selling to you at just about cost to fill the empty space, $50/U.
(This includes power which accounts for $15 of the cost). Similar rack space
in ASP Station is around $150, Salsgiver is $100 and that includes 20 GB of
bandwidth. Rack space at Inflow and Switch and Data direct is over $1000 /
mo plus power for a full cabinet.

Since I am not marking up the costs, I want this to be a partnership where
you would be on your own for technical support. I have APC Remote Reboot
devices (included in the cost) so that you can reboot your servers on your
own without a physical trip the data center needed. I can make trips to the
data center if needed, however terms for this will be discussed in private.
Remote KVM over IP access will probably be added, but I am currently still
researching it.

As for bandwidth, most providers require you to 1 mbs minimum commitments. I
know many of you running personal or small business web sites have no need
for 1 mbs so I can branch it off into 128 kbs chunks (roughly 40 GB a month,
you can burst above 128 kbs).

Bandwidth pricing will be based on how many IPs you need (justification
according to ARIN regulations required) and amount of bandwidth. Bandwidth
will be no more than $1 per GB.

All you need to provide is the server, rails to mount it, power and Ethernet
cable.

If you are interested please contact me OFF the list and I can answer any
questions you may have.

Ryan Brown
rbrown AT tblive DOT com