[wplug-market] Thinkpad 560E running Debian 3.0

K.Arun karbak at cmu.edu
Mon Mar 15 16:38:26 EST 2004

This is circa 1998 model Thinkpad 560E currently running Debian Linux
3.0. Slim, stripped down machine - no internal CD or floppy drive
(external floppy drive with cable included). Under 4lbs. Has an Intel
Pentium Classic 166 MHz processor with 80 MB of memory (maximum).
Everything on this machine works under Linux - the external floppy,
sound, power management etc. As is, the machine is also configured to
work with a Lucent/Orinoco Silver 11 Mbps wireless network card (not
included) - just plugging in a registered card will have you on the
network in a couple of seconds. The battery lasts from between 20 to
40 minutes depending on what's plugged in.

Image: http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~arunk/epsilon.png

This laptop served me as a backup machine and has been very reliable
for the three years I've had it. I primarily used it for lightweight
development tasks and communication/writing purposes. It does have a
JDE, the GNU compiler collection and a complete TeX/LaTeX suite
installed.

Selling as-is given the age of the machine. $120 obo.

                                                  -arun

PS: A D-Link 10/100 Mbps ethernet PCMCIA card and dongle which I use
    with the laptop are included, as is the external floppy drive and
    cable connector.

    The laptop also has (as the image shows) Linux and Debian logos
    stuck on the outside, if that's an issue.