[wplug-market] Hardware to sell: Wireless NICs and Exabyte tape drive

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Jan 7 14:37:45 EST 2004

I made a similar post to this on the wplug at wplug.org list, this one
has more detail.

We're trying to unload some hardware that we came by for a number of reasons
and have no use for.  Hopefully, someone on the list will be interested.

We have several PCI 802.11 NICs. These were purchased when we thought we
were getting a great deal, but then we learned that very few people really
want PCI wireless cards in a desktop ... oops.  These are LanReady
(http://www.lanready.com) WP2000 802.11b  We've used these cards under
FreeBSD and Windows with no problems.  I don't know if they work under
Linux or not.

We also have a few PCMCIA 802.11 NICs (wireless networking for laptops) but
since new laptops generally come with wireless built-in, we've ben having
trouble selling them as well.  Again, LanReady, this time EW-7106PC, 802.11b
We've never used these cards at all.

And the KICKER.  An Exabyte VXA-1a 40G ATA tape backup.  The story of why
we have this is a little more complicated, but suffice to say that the box
has never even been opened.  This unit sells for about $600 new, and we'd
like to get at least $400 for it (trying to recoup our losses here, but I
don't believe we can transfer the warranty, so we can't really ask $600)

All of these are new units, most have never been used.  Purchased foolishly
and we can't seem to sell them.  Hopefully someone will have a use for them!

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies