[wplug-market] Free (to a good home) SGI Indigo2 workstation

Arun Krishnaswamy arunk at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 12 15:31:41 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a (not quite) bare teal-colored Silicon Graphics Indigo2 to give
away. It's an unusual configuration in that the teal casing houses a High
IMPACT graphics board (with corresponding power supply), and a R4400 200
MHz processor. The machine has 128 megs of RAM with two (x2) banks free.
(Maximum RAM for this machine is 384 Mb.) No drive sleds, or drives are
available with the system. The casing is in very good condition with few
scuffs, and an intact front cover.

You'll need at a minimum, a 50-pin Fast SCSI drive, an Indigo2 drive sled,
an external SCSI CD drive, and a set of IRIX CDs to get this machine
working. I have no reason to believe it won't work. The last release of
IRIX that supports this machine is 6.5.22 (current release is 6.5.23) -
released about 3-4 months ago.

Free for pick-up in Shadyside. I'd appreciate it if whoever picks it up
makes a reasonable effort to get the machine running. I haven't had the
time to do it, hence this post.

							-arun