[wplug-market] Stuff for sale

David Gerard Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Thu Aug 8 13:41:29 EDT 2002

Greetings all,
I need to part with some miscellaneous items.  Hope someone can find
some use for some (or all) of this stuff.

486 -25 mhz, 12 MB RAM, 340 (?) and 1 gig disks, CD-ROM.  I ran RH 5.2
(with X) on this box at one point.  Good for playing around with small
distros, or running *BSD.  Throw in some ISA NICs, and it would make a
great firewall/router.  $25
15" Tandy Monitor.  Not sure of the resolution.  $10, 5 with above system.

Power Mac Performa 6116, 60 Mhz 601e processor, 24 MB RAM, CD.  Can run
mkLinux (but currently running MacOS 7.5).  $25
Mac Monitor (I think it's a 13"), $10, 5 with above system.

Apple LaserWriter Select 310.  PostScript Level 1, works under Linux and
Windows as well as MacOS.  Has both parallel and (classic Mac-style)
serial ports.  I've been having problems with this printer lately, but
it has worked in the recent past and someone else could probably get it
up and running.  $10.

Sun SparcStation IPX.  Never even booted this thing, so I have no clue
about RAM and disk space or processor speed.  It does have 2 NICs, so if
you get it working, you could have a lovely firewall.  No keyboard or
mouse, and the floppy appears to have issues.  $5.
Sun monitor, 17".  Works with Sun hardware, should also work with SGI
boxen.  With an adaptor, it should also work with most reasonably
current PC video boards.  $10, 5 with Sun system.

Note that all above items are sold as-is.  I haven't booted any of the
machines recently, but both the 486 and the PowerMac were running
smoothly the last time I checked.
Thanks for looking,
dgm