[wplug-jobs] Contract Position with Fiserv
ted.d.rodgers at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:25:35 EDT 2009
I was recently contacted by an IT recruiter named Jamie Bellucci who
is trying to fill a position with Fiserv here in Pittsburgh. While
the position does seem interesting (and pays rather well), I was
recently accepted another position. The recruiter I talked to was
based out of Florida because she handles Fiserv positions nation wide;
thus, she does not have a great deal on connections with Pittsburgh
Linux gurus, so I offered to pass on the position information to the
list and she welcomed it.
I'll post the position information as emailed to me below, and list
here what I gathered from speaking with Jamie. First let me say that
Jamie was great to talk with and Fiserv really wants to fill the
position quickly, so please if you are interested and qualified,
contact Jamie right away.
- Fiserv uses Linux, Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX on both x86 and Sparc
boxes. I admitted I had limited exposure to a couple of these *nix's
and that did not seem to be a problem, so long as command line
knowledge on *nix is present.
- shell scripting is required, so bash/perl/sed/awk type knowledge is
a definite plus
- there was no (as in zero) mention of Windows support mentioned.
- the position runs through the end of the year and has decently hourly rate
- the candidate needs to have SQL/Oracle knowledge. Fiserv has an
entire db dev team, so it won't be the primary focus, but knowing how
to get a db installed and some basics operations is needed.
- Fiserv is a good opportunity and spans the country, so this could
easily open other doors or prove to be an excellent resume entry.
- Redhat RHCT certification is mentioned but is not a hard line
requirement, it serves as a guideline for the needed knowledge and
1. Under general direction, install, maintain, and configure various
operating systems, servers and software.
2 Works with internal and external clients to resolve hardware,
software, and systems issues.
3. Evaluates systems specifications and installation parameters.
4. Assists in the implementation of systems and software enhancements
to improve the reliability and performance of systems.
5. Assists in evaluating new systems software and hardware.
6. Assists in the development of tools to manage systems and make all
services available to users.
7. Documents systems related procedures.
8. Complete other tasks as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field required.
Equivalent work experience may be substituted.
Experience: 2 to 5 years System Administration experience installing,
maintaining, and configuring various Operating Systems.
1-3 years experience with complex deployments including basics of
installing Oracle RDBMS on Unix platforms.
Oracle SQL experience.
Unix shell experience.
If you are interested, please contact Jamile Bellucci via
JaimeBellucci at technisource.com and feel free to mention you heard
about if from this list.
More information about the wplug-jobs