[wplug-internet] Test ticket system set up

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Sat Oct 15 01:32:36 EDT 2016

Pat Barron wrote:
> I have a Trac system set up to experiment with.

I made some changes to the configuration.  It no longer listens publicly
on port 8000.  Now, just use <https://trac.wplug.org/> and Apache is
configured to proxy requests to the running Trac instance.  (Plain http
is handled as well.)  There is no more need to open a firewall port.

Trac still is not configured to be run automatically.  The appropriate
commands to re-start it should it be killed or the server rebooted are:

$ sudo su - trac
$ tracd --daemonize --hostname=127.0.0.1 --port=8000 \
--auth="wplug-internet,/var/trac/auth/wplug-internet.pw,wplug-internet" \
/var/trac/projects/wplug-internet
$ exit

Logging has been configured so the redirects aren't necessary, and the
--daemonize option replaces nohup and &.

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger