[wplug-internet] Spam filters

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Wed Oct 12 01:59:30 EDT 2016

Pat Barron wrote:
> So far, I'm not seeing an appreciable effect on the daily spam volume
> for the main WPLUG list - based on today's traffic, we're on track for
> somewhere between 30 to 40 spam messages intercepted by Mailman
> moderation holds today, which is probably close to average.

Since I turned it on, here are the targeted addresses and number of
messages stopped*.
     105 wplug@
       2 info@
       2 admin@
       1 wsccnet@
       1 wplug-plan@
       1 bethlynn@

Some of these would likely have been blocked by greylisting anyway,
which is our final line of defense, but I don't know what proportion.

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger

*Generated using the following command line:
# sed -n \
's/^.*NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT.*zen[.]spamhaus[.]org;.*to=<\([^
/var/log/maillog | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr