[wplug-internet] Test ticket system set up

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Thu Oct 6 11:17:56 EDT 2016

I have a Trac system set up to experiment with.  It is at:

http://wplug.org:8000

I installed the account admin plugin, but I have the account creation
form disabled, so if you want an account in the Internet Committee
project to help test, let me know and I'll set it up. Once the account
is set up, you can update your own password as you see fit.  Since this
is running as a standalone server and not integrated into Apache, there
is no SSL (I guess that is one good reason for the final product to be
put into the Apache configuration), so keep this in mind when selecting
your password (i.e., don't use a password here that you use anywhere
else - of course, that's just good security practice anyway....).

This is for testing only right now (I will probably set up a similar
fossil instance also, which we can also tinker with).  So, don't put
anything here if you'd be really sad if it just disappeared....

Since we're just testing, I haven't made any permanent changes for
firewalld or systemd in support of this.  So, if the server reboots, the
Trac instance will go away, and the firewall hole it needs will go away
too.  If that happens, someone with admin access to the server will need
to run these commands to start it again:

$ sudo -i
# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=8000/tcp
# su trac
$ cd /var/trac
$ nohup tracd --port 8000
--auth="wplug-internet,/var/trac/auth/wplug-internet.pw,wplug-internet"
/var/trac/projects/wplug-internet >> log/tracd.log &
$ ^D
# ^D