[wplug-internet] Membership Database design

Joe Prostko joe.prostko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:38:58 EST 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Pat Barron <pat at lectroid.com> wrote:

> OK, I created a GitHub repo, here:
>
> https://github.com/wplug/MemberPortal
>
> I added myself and Joe as collaborators.  John, I didn't find a GitHub
account for you.  If you have a GitHub account, let me know, and I will add
you.

> If anyone else wants to be added, let me know that too.
>
> I set this repo up to use the Apache 2.0 license (i.e., I personally
don't particularly care for "copyleft"...).  If there's a good argument to
use some license, I can always delete the repo and start over.

I think that's fine.  I usually do things with MIT myself since most of the
projects I like and regularly utilize use MIT, but we should be fine with
Apache 2.0 I would think.  At the end of the day, I usually just make sure
that my license is compatible with any other code I am using, although this
is less of a problem with interpreted code compared to compiled code,
generally.

> I'll open some issues in GitHub against this repo, with the items that
were previously mentioned.  Assuming we're good with the license and all,
I'd suggest that further traffic on this project be handled through the
Issues tab in the repo itself.

I saw you started.  I'll probably jump in and provide some feedback later
tonight, and perhaps open some other issues.

- joe