[wplug-internet] Set up some project-related stuff on the server...

George Larson george.g.larson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 09:05:49 EST 2014

It seems like the existing Wiki and WP could be have a single login with
AutomaticREMOTE USER (supersedes 'HTTP Auth' mentioned in the stackoverflow
post)  or something like Wikiful.
[  http://wordpress.org/plugins/wikiful/  ]
[  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33745/wordpress-mediawiki-integration
]

To me, it seems easier to integrate the two than to attempt to recreate the
history on the wiki in WP format.

WP has plugins, it seems, for both Stripe and Coinbase.
[  http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-stripe/  ]
[  http://wordpress.org/plugins/coinbase/  ]

In my imagination, I was thinking of something like ClubData or Admidio to
offer a robust interface for user management.  Then custom building the bit
for the on-line end user management by either accessing the same tables on
the backend as ClubData/Admidio.  Alternatively, if there's a nice WP
plugin or accessing the same tables is too messy then triggers could be
used to copy back and forth from the ClubData/Admidio tables to the
web-interface tables.

Of course, there may be tonnes of snags I'm not considering, it's just a
rough sketch.  That said, maintaining a sprawling proprietary PHP solution
is a significant part of my day job, so my guesswork is at least based in
experience.  (8

-= c0d3 :: j0rg3 - all code, no cruft =- <http://j0rg3.com>