[wplug-internet] Set up some project-related stuff on the server...

George Larson george.g.larson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 22:29:46 EST 2014

Sounds straightforward enough.  You thinking of a brand-name CMS, some
other framework, built from the ground-up?  If built, have you picked a
language and database pairing?

Obviously, I don't know anything about this server.  I'm speculating it's
the one running the wiki which appears to be Apache2/CentOS.  Running
MediaWiki so I reckon there's PHP and MySQL, which leaves scads of options.

Please consider that I have done about 30 minutes of research, just now so
I'm a bit shy of an expert on these things. XD But it looks to me like
ClubData or Admidio could be used with some custom pages made for the user
access from the web bits.
[  http://clubdata2.domes-muc.de/index.php/en/  ]
[  http://www.admidio.org/  ]

Or I'm sure there's something in the WP category that would do the trick
and things stitched together with AutomaticREMOTE USER.  Though, it's not
the way I would personally go.  WP has a lot of features but it is, IMO,
chosen for its ease in situations where it is actually a bit cumbersome.
And installing WP (Joomla!, Drupal) carries an implicit obligation to stay
on top of security patches and such because vulnerable installs *will* be
found sooner or later.  Though, with the exposure an LUG gets, that may
already be part of this situation.
[  https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AutomaticREMOTE_USER  ]

Dunno.  Just some thoughts that are gonna get sent as-is because I've a bit
more work I need to do before I can shove off for the eve.   (8

-= c0d3 :: j0rg3 - all code, no cruft =- <http://j0rg3.com>