[wplug-internet] Set up some project-related stuff on the server...

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Tue Jan 14 18:58:11 EST 2014

On 1/14/2014 6:12 PM, George Larson wrote:
> Sounds interesting.  What's the vision for the member portal?

Good question.  ;-)

My current thoughts are:

Phase 1:  Provide a facility where members can view their demographic
data (name, US Mail address, e-mail address, etc.) that we have on file
for them, and view their current membership standing and expiration date.

Phase 2:  Provide the above, plus a way for members to update their own
demographic data via the portal.

Phase 3:  Provide all the above, plus a way for existing members to
renew their membership via the portal (using one of a few different
online payment systems).

Phase 4:  Provide all the above, plus a way for non-members to join
online, using the portal.

Phase 5:  Whatever other useful kind of features we can think of...

I don't guarantee that these phases will necessarily happen in this
particular order.  ;-)

--Pat.