[wplug-internet] Set up some project-related stuff on the server...

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Mon Jan 13 14:25:09 EST 2014

FYI, I just did the following things on the server:

1)  Added new group "dev", for developers working on various projects
and potential projects.
2)  Added myself, vance, jprostko, and centinel to "dev" group.
3)  Created "/home/projects" to hold project source code; set ownership
to user "root", group "dev", chmod 2775.  I really could not think of
any more rational place to put it.
4)  Initialized empty Git repo "/home/projects/wplug-mip.git" for work
on a prototype Member Information Portal.  Anyone with an account on the
server can look at / clone the repo, but only members of the "dev" group
can push changes.  The repo can be accessed remotely using an
"ssh://...." URI.

If you're reading this, and you have an account on the server, you
probably have the ability to add yourself to the "dev" group if you want
to.  If you feel like you want to do that, feel free - please just let
me know if you do so.

There is just this one repo right now, and it has literally nothing in
it - so any of this can be easily changed, undone, or redone at this
point....

--Pat.