[wplug-internet] FYI - monkeybot issues last couple of days

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Mon Feb 24 12:51:36 EST 2014

Just so you all know:

Freenode has been suffering some DDOS attacks over the last couple of
days, which have resulted in IRC net splits at various times. When the
split heals, monkeybot may or may not reappear in the channel.  It seems
that the only fix is to restart monkeybot, which will cause it to exit
and then rejoin the channel.

To somewhat mitigate this, I've temporarily changed the crontab entry
for restarting monkeybot from once a day at 3:39am, to every 4 hours.  I
will put things back as they were later this week.

--Pat.