[wplug-internet] Membership Database design

Joe Prostko joe.prostko at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 12:25:21 EST 2014

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Joe Prostko <joe.prostko at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 11:59 PM, John Lewis <oflameo2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have a schema I designed in sqlite3 today. If you like it I can port
> > it over to MariaDB.
>
> Seeing as we're likely not going to be doing crazy stuff like multiple
table joins, we could probably get away with just having one table with all
of the various columns.  Also, I'm a bit rusty on SQLite, but it looks like
you're trying to use the email address as something like a primary key.  I
don't think that is the best idea ever, since email addresses change.

Never mind, seems like you are utilizing foreign keys referencing the
contact email address.  Utilizing foreign keys is certainly a good idea.  I
never get to use them at work since at least older Drupal versions are
stupid and never utilize them.  It makes creating E/R diagrams a royal pain.

- joe