[wplug-internet] wplug.org domain renewal

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Wed Dec 10 11:21:41 EST 2014

I would also endorse continuing with pair Networks, and would suggest
renewing for the 5 year term.  The effective rate is $13/year (as
opposed to $19/year if we were to renew on a one-year term) - maybe it's
not the cheapest out there, but it's pretty close.  ;-)  It's also good
to be supporting a local company, which also supports FOSS strongly.

The only other suggestion I could make would be to use the registrar I
use for my personal domains, which is a small business (a one-person
operation) and which also strongly supports FOSS.  But they are not
local.  And I believe that we are relying on pair for DNS service, and
my registrar does not provide that.

So basically, I can not think of any good reasons to change.

--Pat.