[wplug-internet] Why does this list exist?

Mark Dalrymple markd at borkware.com
Tue Dec 9 08:50:56 EST 2014

wplug-internet was created so that folks who are administering and
maintaining the various internet servers could communicate.  The list more
active in the past as we were migrating from the older openACS system to
wikimedia, as well as discussions over which virtual host system to adopt,
and coordinating with MarkDude's LDP mirror.

For now things are running pretty nicely, so the main traffic on
wplug-internet is occasional "hey, these packages need updating".  Messages
that could easily get lost on the main list, or devolve into kibbitzing.
 "Hey, you really should adopt rails on node!  I won't actually help you
out with it, but I'll tirelessly expound on its virtues".

The idea is that different people have different interests.  Some want to
see the technology run.  Hence this list.  Some folks love to plan and
organize, but may not have a huge interest in the latest Slackware vs SuSE
distribution. (hence wplug-plan). Some folks just want to talk Linux (hence
the general list).  For awhile we were getting a *lot* of for-sale
postings, hence wplug-market.  Outside of the lack of description for this
list, they all seem pretty straightforward.  Not interested in jobs?  Don't
subscribe to the jobs list.

Cheers,
++md