[wplug-internet] New Linode upgrade available

Joseph Prostko joe.prostko at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 11:06:44 EDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 11:57 PM, Bryan J Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:44 PM, George Larson
> <george.g.larson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> To be fair, CentOS 5 is still legitimate by a lot of metrics.  Several of
>> the VPS providers that I have looked at begin at CentOS 5 32bit because it's
>> sorted first (alphabetically, ascending digits) and nobody seems to offer
>> Arch.  (:
>
> Wait!
>
> Are you talking about moving from one extreme (trailing-edge, stable
> ABI/API) to another (rolling release, constantly variable ABI/API)?

I think George is talking about a VPS he wants for personal use, or at
least outside of the realm of WPLUG itself.  That is why I mentioned
to him that DigitalOcean offers Arch in addition to Linode.  I
personally would never choose Arch for a server, but would maybe
choose something like the Arch-based Manjaro (more "cutting edge" than
"bleeding edge") since it's less likely to break terribly on a `pacman
-Syyu'.

I will let him speak for himself though with respect to what he meant exactly.

- joe