[wplug-internet] New Linode upgrade available

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Sun Apr 20 15:33:26 EDT 2014

Good points, all.  I actually wasn't aware that they were planning a
potential lower-end (and lower-cost) offering; considering that, it
might be best to hang back for now and see what they do along those lines.

We could certainly move to CentOS 6 or 7 any time we want, with or
without migrating to a new VPS offering.  Of course, that would mean
backing everything up that we care about, and several days (at least) of
migration time afterwards.  On the other hand, CentOS 5 end-of-life
isn't until 2017, so we have some time, at least as far as ongoing
support for CentOS 5 is concerned....

--Pat.