[wplug-internet] New Linode upgrade available

Justin Smith Justin at adminix.net
Sat Apr 19 20:17:06 EDT 2014

I'd be all in favor of this if they kept the yearly payment discount, but they're not. The last thing we need to do right now is increase costs.

On the other hand, I have to admit that we're probably not doing ourselves by clinging to a 32-bit version of Centos 5. I'm all in favor of stability, but not necessarily at the cost of having to manually compile software to get anything remotely modern. Besides, Centos 7 will have systemd and Docker support! Happy days!

I don't think there would be much of an impact on litecoin mining as a result of the core count change. I have two cores on my digital ocean VPS, and one of those going equals the performance we see from four cores at linode.

I could go either way on this one. I feel like it'd be good to upgrade, but I can see why one would want to leave well enough alone.