[wplug-internet] Server upgrade to CentOS 5.10

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sat Oct 19 17:51:08 EDT 2013

CentOS 5.10 has been released.  There is one major change: MySQL
5.0 is no longer being supported; we will need to upgrade to 5.5
in order to receive future updates.
<http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.10#head-78edce4757e7cb48284a20d9d85bb012601bf35c>

I do not anticipate that this will be a problem for any
applications relying on MySQL, but I want to verify this first.
It also means that more than a simple 'yum update' will be
necessary to correctly perform the upgrade.

I'll do this as I get time, or if someone else wants to take it
on, please coordinate with me.  Thanks.