[wplug-internet] More fun than a barrel of monkeybots

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue Mar 13 23:33:49 EDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 10:27:33AM -0400, Mark Dalrymple wrote:
> > Is there a wiki page or anything that documents what monkeybot does?
>
> Not really.

The closest thing I've found is the README and infobot_guide.html.

On a related note, currently the dbbackup script only backs up the
"is" and "are" databases - "karma," "seen," and "ignore" are not
backed up.  This change appears to have been made in October 2004.
It would be trivial to change it back, but I'm relucant to do so
without knowing why those were excluded to begin with.

>  A couple of folks have hacked on monkeybot over the years
> (Gerr, Billings. Rob Dale might have too).

Unfortunately, I don't think any of them subscribe to this list.
:)  I'm not much of an IRC user, so I don't really know the
history.