[wplug-internet] Can I create a new MySQL database?

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Mon Feb 13 13:34:31 EST 2012

I was thinking of just running GnuCash as a client (on my desktop system
- or anyone's desktop system that happens to be maintaining WPLUG's
books at that time...), and just using the database as a back-end data
store.  It appears to be able to do that - don't think any GnuCash bits
actually need to be installed on the server.

I have a prototype set up at home using local storage, but if I go that
way, I'm the only one who can access it, and handing off the data to a
new treasurer at some point in the future might be problematic.

--Pat.