[wplug-internet] Can I create a new MySQL database?

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Mon Feb 13 13:27:25 EST 2012

I'd like to create a new MySQL database to use as back-end storage for
GnuCash, with the idea of setting up a more permanent online accounting
system in which to maintain WPLUG's financial records.  My intent would
be to access MySQL via an SSH tunnel, so it wouldn't be necessary to
open up port 3306 to the Internet.  Postgresql would work too (and to be
honest, I actually prefer it...), and it seems to be installed, but
doesn't appear to be running.

Thoughts?

--Pat.