[wplug-internet] Fwd: Zachary Uram netrek at gmail.com

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Sat Dec 10 07:47:43 EST 2011

On 12/10/11 6:11:08 AM, Dave Ostroske wrote:
> Heya Duncan,
>
> Zachary Uram recently requested to be taken off moderation. It's been
> 4-1/2 months since he was modded, and since then, he's posted no spam
> and all his messages have been germane. IIRC, the spam that led to his
> moderation came from his Google+ feed, which he's either properly
> limited distribution from, or just stopped using.
>
> I'd like to clear his mod bit, since he's cleaned up his act since July.
> But I'd like to hear from you and the Internet Committee first. If I
> don't hear any objections by Friday, I'll clear it. But if I hear back
> from you, we can speed this process up, one way or another.

As someone who hasn't done much but lurk for a long time ...

I'm somewhat reluctant.  As I remember, Zack continued to spam the lists
for quite some time after various people had complained, and he only
took action to fix the problem _after_ moderation was finally imposed
on him.  To me, that demonstrates a general fuck-all attitude toward
the people he inconvenienced.

Of course, that whole rant conflicts with my general belief that
people can change and should be given the opportunity to change and
all that.

Given those two sides of the coin, my opinion is that he should be
taken off moderation with the caveat that if he does it again, harsher
actions will be taken, possibly an outright ban.

--
Bill Moran