[wplug-internet] CentOS 5.4 released

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 11:17:04 EDT 2009

My recommendation on how to proceed is:

1. Setup a new, pristine linode instance.
2. Get everything setup on that new instance.
3. Transfer over the various databases.
4. Point the DNS at the new instance.
5. Document every step we had to take to through steps 2 through 4.

I know there are certain things I would do differently if setting up from
scratch, specifically I would have either used a Fedora instance rather than
CentOS, or I would have installed the Fedora-Enterprise Linux repos, and
installed media wiki from there.  Either way, I'd prefer if our mediawiki
installation was based on a Fedora package.

Starting from scratch could be a good exercise.

Mike