[wplug-internet] Spam from postmaster at wplug.org

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sat Nov 21 09:16:16 EST 2009

As someone who has used the exact same e-mail address
since 1994, spoofs are extremely common.  I get about
50-75 bounces per day from different servers where my
e-mail address has been spoofed.  That means my e-mail
is being used to spoof at least 10x as much (if not more).

I used to sign any and all of my messages so they could be
proven as authentic, but then I got so many complaints or just
naive inquiries that I decided it wasn't worth it.