[wplug-internet] [wplug-board] Installfest network

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sat Jan 24 02:07:30 EST 2009

David Kraus wrote:
> I have a Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT which can be configured as an
> wireless client, then route the connection to the wired LAN.  Of
> course, it can use NAT and DHCP to provide a private network for
> installfest users.

Great, sounds like we have a number of possible options.  I'd be a
little hesitant if it had the original firmware given the trouble
we experienced with a Linksys router at the last installfest, but
with DD-WRT it ought to work (or if not, at least we can dive in
and diagnose the problem).

Overall, if Brian is bringing his hardware and it works okay, it
seems like that would be the best route since the DHCP and PXEboot
servers can live on the same machine.

> I'd be happy to meet on Sunday for testing.

Unfortunately, this branch isn't open on Sundays.