[wplug-internet] Backup script

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed Dec 16 20:59:50 EST 2009

Hi all-

You may remember a discussion from some time ago
<http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug-internet/2009-June/date.html>
about backing up the WPLUG server.  I have written up a script
along the lines I proposed in that conversation.

Actually, there are three scripts - one for doing backups, and two
support scripts for setting things up.  Cruise through the
attached archive if you have some time to kill.

There is a readme file which goes into quite a bit of detail about
the overall architecture, so I won't repeat that here.  Please see
that file for the details and ask if you have questions it doesn't
answer.

While it should be complete, it has not been tested at all, so
there are very likely bugs lurking within.  We need some people to
volunteer disk space and bandwidth for testing and to eventually
serve as targets for backups.

Feedback is welcome!