[wplug-internet] Internet Committee Report (draft)

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed Jan 30 12:30:41 EST 2008

"Michael Semcheski" <mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently, we are still investigating how to migrate
> mailman and the mail services, and formulating a plan of attack.

One thing to note is that in the current configuration, mailman
seems to answer for multiple hostnames.  (For example, lists can
be reached at wplug-foo at wplug.org or wplug-foo at www.wplug.org.
For all I know, wplug-foo at penguin.wplug.org may work, too.)  I
honestly don't know if this is is likely to break in the
migration or not, but it would seem wise to send a message to
all the lists beforehand warning people that they may have to
re-subscribe.

> One solution would be to use Linode's DNS servers.

ISTR that the minimum TTL on Joker's DNS is 24 hours, so it's
probably a good idea to switch DNS over to Linode ahead of the
actual IP number changes.  This way, you can crank the TTL down
when the time for the actual migration comes.  Plus, as you said
there are multiple people who can access it if need be.

Thanks, you guys are doing great work.