[wplug-internet] wplug-ic meeting 1/19/2008

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:47:31 EST 2008

According to the following page, we are all members of the WPLUG
Internet committee.

http://linode.wplug.org/wiki/Internet_Committee

If you would like for this to not be the case, let me know and I'll
update the list.

We have been trying to meet every other Saturday on IRC at 11:00am.
This seems good, but we got screwed up by the holidays.  Lets get this
back on track.  I'd like to meet on January 19, on IRC at 11:00am.

In the meantime, there is a little progress on the server migration.

Regarding the wiki, I consider it migrated, and I sent Duncan an email
asking him to redirect traffic from wplug.ece.cmu.edu to
linode.wplug.org.  (Thanks to Dave, Duncan, and Ted.)

Regarding the web in general, we have redirects and wiki pages created
so that most of the old links from the OpenACS system will not 404,
and probably will go to a relevant wiki page.

Before we can move www.wplug.org off of penguin and point it at the
virtual server, we need to move mailman.  I have no experience setting
up mailman or postfix, so I consider this a challenge.  This should be
our main focus for the time being.

So, that is where things are.  I'm CC'ing wplug-internet, but I'm not
sure who's subscribed to that and who isn't.  So, sorry if you get
this twice.

Mike