[wplug-internet] Doing OpenStreetMap in Pittsburgh

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Dec 5 15:01:07 EST 2008

"Yaakov Nemoy" <loupgaroublond at gmail.com> wrote:

> Finally, can we get an OSM related mailing list on this server for
> sparing all you non-mappers from the excess traffic and mailing list
> noise?

Hi Yaakov-

Technically, it should be no problem, and I doubt anyone would
have heartburn about hosting a Pittsburgh OSM list (though I've
copied this to the wplug-internet list for anyone else to chime
in to the discussion).

I do wonder whether it wouldn't be better for you to have a list
hosted directly by OSM <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo>;
it seems like that would be easier for interested parties to find.
But I don't know their policy on creating locality-based lists.