[wplug-internet] Mailserver DNSBL

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Mon Aug 18 13:10:02 EDT 2008

Michael Semcheski wrote:
> To me, I don't see a huge problem with spam to WPLUG aliases.  The
> only reason I can see not to put this into affect is that "if it isn't
> broken, don't fix it."

Yeah, it is a rather small number in general, though there are
days when it would block a few dozen spam messages.  I haven't
had a real problem regarding aliases directed at me; the list
moderators are the ones who have it worst since they get bounces
when non-subscribers try to post plus spam sent directly to
wplug-whatever-owner at wplug.org.

> However, the PBL is probably marginally more efficient than
> greylisting.  If you want to enable it, I don't have a problem with
> it.  But I'm not clamoring for it either.

I'm still kind of on the fence myself.  Any list moderators want
to chime in?