[wplug-internet] Internet Committee

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 10:55:04 EST 2007

Hello Everyone,

Ted and Bill -- you seemed interested in the discussion we had
regarding the server setup at the board meeting on Monday.  I'm cc'ing
you to see if you'd be interested in joining the internet committee.

Internet Committee members:

I'm working on getting the virtual server setup.  We have some choices
to make about how we want WPLUG's internet services setup.

Do we want to keep using MediaWiki?  (e.g., TWiki was brought up as a
possibility.)
Who gets shell accounts?  (ie, There are pros and cons to each.)
Where should the board and committees keep their documents?  (e.g., on
the server, in google documents, webdav, etc.)
How can we maximize the resources we have on the server?

I'm happy to have this discussion over email.  I think we should plan
on meeting sometime before the next board meeting to figure out what
we're going to do, and delegate some of the tasks to those willing to
contribute.

I'm willing to host in Squirrel Hill, or we figure out another location.

Mike