[wplug-internet] Internet Committee Meeting / Status

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Sat Dec 15 16:50:27 EST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 2:18 PM, Michael Semcheski <mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I'm going to write this real quickly.
>
> Dave Kraus is going to work on a 404 page to handle links from the old
> website that should go to new wiki pages.

I will mock this up on my test system ASAP.

> We gave up on doing a dump --> import of the old wiki.  To many issues
> with Postgres + tsearch2 on CentOS.

> We thought it would be a good idea to create a DNS record like
> wiki.wplug.org, so that we could start redirecting traffic from the
> old wiki to the new.

Fine with me.

> I manually copied all of the articles from the old wiki to the new
> wiki.  I still need to copy categories, templates and uploaded files.

Excellent work.  This might actually work out well.  Folks will need
to create a new account to edit pages.  An announcement should be made
once the DNS is switched.

> We need to get postfix and mailman working on the new server.

How can I help?  Ted expressed interest in helping with this effort.
Can he and Bill still do the stress test Ted mentioned?

> That's it for now, later.
>
> Mike

Dave